March 23, 2016

Attending Stock Broker's Free Seminar

I had been reading a lot about stocks, stock market, equities trading and investing, still there was a feeling of ambivalence.  I mean, I didn’t know how to start, the application of what I’ve learned.  I know that I should have a model, a plan; but having too much noise, knowing a lot generates disorganized thoughts and hesitations.  That is why I decided to attend free seminar on Introduction to Fundamental and Technical Analysis, offered by one of the online stock brokers in the country. 

It was my first time and I had quite a lot of expectation back then.  I did not actually expect that it will be held in a small room with PowerPoint presented on a 41” LED TV, if I’m not mistaken.  Anyway, there were several attendees.  Yes it’s a good thing though, many are now interested in stocks just like me.  However, I was sitting at the back and was having a hard time looking at the monitor.  

Overall, the two topics lasted for 4 hrs.  The speaker is good.  He was able to convey information regarding buying/selling stocks using fundamental and technical analysis in a more comprehensible way.  Moreover, I met new friends who just like me became confident traders afterwards.

It is recommended (IMHO) to know the basics first before attending.  It is like reading the whole chapter of the book before coming to class so that you listen to confirm what you already know and focus on learning what you didn’t. :)

Btw, I "googled" the ff. re: some of the companies/online brokers that offer free seminar (for your easy reference).  Just click the name of the company/online broker for the link (details).

1.  The Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc.
  • Stock Market 101

2.  COL Financial Group, Inc.
  • Investing in Mutual Funds via COL Fund Source
  • COL Easy Investment Program: Simple Stock Market Investing
  • Investing in the Stock Market Today

3.  First Metro Securities Brokerage Corporation
  • Basics of Stock Market Investing
  • Introduction to Fundamental Analysis
  • Introduction to Technical Analysis

4.  Philstocks Financial Inc.
  • Stock Market 101

No comments:

Post a Comment