February 7, 2016

Philippine Finance Magazines | Forbes Philippines and MoneySense

I remember when I visited my aunt's new house, not only the picturesque architecture and interior design caught my attention but also her wide collection of books and magazines.  By the way, my aunt was a retired World Bank officer.  I used to collect books but not magazine.  Though quite impractical since books are prone to deterioration particularly those cheap paperback books, I'm still not fond reading on tablets and other devices.  It's not that I'm old fashioned but I'm having eye strain from reading on such devices for so long.  

I actually imitated my aunt when I started collecting magazines.  Her collections are more about interior design, travel and national geographic.  Mine are finance and business related of course.  Compared to books, it's easy to remove dust from magazines. 

There are only two Philippine magazines I found related to finance, i.e., Forbes Philippines and MoneySense.  This is unlikely with other developed countries such as U.S. or U.K. in which they have more than a few, for example Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, Investor's Business Daily, Money and The Economist magazine.  Foreign magazines are as well valuable, still Philippine magazines are more applicable especially to investor, trader and personal finance advocate like me who's more interested in Philippine market and local financial products.  Btw, if you have found one other than the two, I would really appreciate it if you share it to me by commenting below.




Forbes Philippines is published by Summit Media and new issues are available monthly.  You can get valuable insights from their articles about investing, leadership, entrepreneurship, business, as well as lifestyle (Forbes life).  They also featured some of the best leaders and successful businessmen or businesswomen and entrepreneurs.  According to Summit Media website, their target market are rich and powerful business leaders, top management, business owners, and those who aspire to become one of those.  I think I belong to the last group, the hopefuls.

Though they already published the February 2016 issue, you should get a copy of January 2016 in case you haven't had it yet.  I highly recommend their last month issue because of their lengthy discussions about investing.  I like the part about equities, fixed income, and collective funds.  They provide not only valuable but also timely insights about the market and investment products.  You may keep this issue as a handy reference according to Roel Landingin, Editor-in-Chief of Forbes Ph.

MoneySense is published by MoneyTree Publishing Corporation and new issues are available every quarter.  It's more about personal finance.  They provide valuable information regarding money saving, spending, and investing.  Their target market, according to MoneySense website are middle and upper-middle income interested readers.

The 4th quarter 2015 issue has cover story about online stock trading and equities investing.  Marita Limlingan, President of Regina Online Investing (ROI) and Mica Tan, President and CFO of MFT Group of Companies provided as well stock market timely insights and advice.  



#MustRead

"First invest money that you can spare - something that you won't need in a month's time."--Marita Limlingan (MoneySense, 2015, p.39)
 #TradingQuote #quote

No comments:

Post a Comment